Saturday 14 September 2013

A Composition A Week


Hero to the Rescue!


‘Yay! It’s finally two o’clock in the afternoon!’ I shouted happily. I had stayed back to do my work. On the surface, I was working diligently. But the truth was that I was waiting for the notorious bullies to leave. Finally the coast was clear.

The notorious bullies had been extorting money from me to buy cigarettes. When I reached my void deck, my heart sank. The notorious bullies, Jack and James, were infamous for their bad deeds. Today, they were waiting for me to show up. I was about to run away when they spotted me.

‘Hey Shortie! Do not even think of escaping!’ they yelled while running towards me. They managed to catch me after a while. ‘I’m penniless!’ I said. Jack replied, with his fist up, ‘Really? You better pay up! NOW!’ I then closed my eyes, hoping for the best as his fist aimed for my face.

After three intense seconds, I opened my eyes and saw Tom, the strongest boy in the class. Tom was a transfer student from Hwa Chong Primary School. It turned out that he was passing by. After seeing Tom, Jack and James ran away like the hounds of hell were chasing after them.

I thanked Tom and asked him to be my friend as everyone was scared of him and did not want to be his friend. Tom then asked whether I wanted to go to his house and play Battlefield 3 on his brand new Playstation 3. I then called my mum and asked her if she would allow me to go to Tom’s house. She agreed and I followed Tom back to his house. That afternoon, Tom treated me to snacks and when I had to leave to go for  my tuition, he even got his father to send me. On the way there, I wondered, ‘Tom is a really good friend. But why no one wants to be his friend?’


Remy Lew (P4)
Catholic High

No comments:

Post a Comment